StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a full-time Instructional Systems Designer. The position will be located in Orlando, FL. The Instructional Systems Designer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct analyses to identify and validate training requirements and document results of analyses.
- Design and implement training-related human performance improvement (HPI) interventions.
- Design, develop, and implement prototype and final courseware for interactive multi-media, computer-based, web-based, and distributed learning presentations to include gaming applications.
- Apply Instructional Systems Development principles in the development of new/modified training devices.
- Plan and accomplish production of instructional materials, e.g., Authoring Instructional Materials, Content Planning Module, Computer-Assisted Instruction and supporting documents.
- Provide CSS in preparing the following Products/Documents/Reports:
- ISD: Training Situation Analyses, Training System Functional Descriptions, Military Characteristics, Instructional Performance Requirements, Instructional Media Requirements, Instructional Media Design, Training Program Structure, Course Conduct Information, Training Conduct Support, Training Evaluation, Test Package, Instructional Media Package, Training Systems Support; Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS);
- HSI: Mission Analysis, Mission Scenarios, Functional Flow Block Diagrams, Operational Sequence Diagrams, Performance Baseline Specifications, Quality Function Descriptions, Top Down Functional Analysis, Workload Analysis, Test Analysis, Manpower Estimation;
- Knowledge and application of Instructional Systems Design procedures, for the functional design of a variety of military training, training support systems and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in computer base training, web-based training (WBT) for interactive courseware to design products, e.g., flowcharts, storyboards and computer program design documents.
- Knowledge of processes such as ISD, NTSP, and Top Down Functional Analysis (TDFA) to support training program developers and other technical support personnel.
- Practical knowledge and skill in interpersonal communications with civilian and military personnel, including oral briefings/presentations, listening techniques, and developing written material, especially technical reports documenting research and analysis performed, e.g., MIL-PRF-29612 and MIL-HDBK-29612.
- Understanding of military training (preferred)
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned
- MA/MS/MEd and two (2) years of experience in Instructional Design.
- Allowable Substitutions: BA/BS degree in Education, Instructional Systems, or related field and three (3) years of experience in Instructional Design or Degree in Education or related field with twenty-four (24) hours in specific education areas. Instructional Systems major is preferable. The twenty-four (24) hours must fall within learning theory, instructional design, instructional development, evaluation, computers in education, and include four (4) of these five (5) categories.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.