StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Full-Time Systems Engineer. The position will be located in Orlando, FL. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Functions:
- DoD Training System (Simulators) HW/SW related material development and acquisition
Applicant must be able to travel both CONUS and OCONUS (Hawaii, Japan, Spain, Bahrain).
- Prepare and Analyze technical documentation and prepare technical design approaches for training system(s).
- Apply decision analysis techniques to ensure that the engineering approach is cost effective and satisfies the training objectives. Upon determination of the proper engineering approach, prepare a technical description that includes a block diagram and math models. Determine the degree of fidelity of the simulation necessary to maximize the transfer of training.
- Conduct functional and physical configuration audits with established test procedures.
- Monitor the configuration management of the training system.
- Monitor and assess training system hardware and software development status and provide CSS in resolving related programmatic issues.
- Develop quantitative criteria and recommend trade offs regarding inputs received from supporting personnel concerning training system change(s). Provide Contractor support to planners for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Develop engineering specifications detailing: design, performance testing, and provisions for the acceptance of the engineering changes.
- Develop engineering Specifications and other documents IAW NAWCTSD Orlando's policies and procedures
- Review training system Contractors design approach, criteria, and design reports.
- Recommend changes to the training systems contract based on revisions to military training characteristics, changes to performance characteristics, or for pre-planned product improvements.
- Identify problems being encountered in hardware and software development and provide recommendations as to how to resolve these problems.
- Review the training system Contractor's proposed test criteria and test procedures, and subsequently perform examinations and acceptance tests.
- At least five (5) years of practical experience in systems engineering associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domains.
- Desired- At least three (3) years of acquisition experience, with two (2) years in a DOD program directly supporting Training and/or Training Systems Acquisition.
- Demonstrated knowledge of support engineering functions such as reliability, maintainability, EMI, logistics, program funding, statistics, facilities, cost estimating, risk analysis/assessment and human factors.
- Possess basic knowledge of current and future military equipment, systems, and associated tactics (U.S., allied and threat nations).
- Ability to work and coordinate with a variety of professional personnel associated with the assigned duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of non-engineering, non-scientific information in the form of federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, Department of the Navy (DON)/DOD/NAVAIR policies, directives and instructions and ability to determine the applicability of these documents to assignments.
- Ability to conduct necessary business with NAVAIR Orlando TSD’s product user activities and sponsors.
- B.S. in Electronics or Computer Engineering
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.