StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Full Time Technical Writer III. The role focuses on Navy public affairs (PA) support and will have the responsibility of maintaining an electronic document library of all PA records and files, researching issues and news, organizing information from multiple sources, and presenting written materials that are comprehensible to a wide spectrum of internal and external audiences. The position requires ability to develop, create and revise technical documentation. The Technical Writer III skill set should encompass, but not be limited to, the following:
- Excellent written communication and organization skills.
- Experience with military Public Affairs (Navy preferred).
- Experience producing written products using Associated Press (AP) and military style guidelines, as well as drafting PA guidance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Office Suite; Social Media and Web Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Google Analytics and others as required).
- Working knowledge in a Navy staff environment (3-star level preferred)
- Naval warfare operations experience or an understanding of current naval warfare concepts (or joint equivalent) is a plus.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.