StraCon Services Group is seeking a full-time Senior, Visual Systems Engineer to support our NAWCTSD program in Orlando, FL.
Essential Job Duties:
Perform visualization engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing in support of Navy training devices. May conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to training device design and manufacture. May recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
Candidate must have approximately 10 or more years of experience with hardware and software design and integration. Experience should also include:
Other Experience, Nice to have:
- Experience with NAWCTSD SETR procedures or like experience.
- Must have strong technical writing skills both in terms of generating engineering documents and reviewing/commenting on engineering documents submitted by contractors.
- Need someone who values attention to detail and well written documentation.
- Must understand the DoD System Engineering Process and have experience working within the systems engineering framework and communicating using systems engineering language.
- Must be experienced working with seamless multi-projector display systems.
- Must be experienced working with simulated visual databases.
- Ability to multi-task and complete all assigned tasks to a self-imposed high quality without supervision.
- Performing simulated visual database development tasks. i.e. Generate new visual databases and edit existing visual databases using common commercial tools, and test visual database from a developer’s perspective.
- Configuration management of visual databases across an enterprise of systems.
- Military, Navy, Surface Navy, and/or Maritime Navigation/Seamanship experience.
• B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, visual engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering Master’s Degree preferred.
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
• Extensive traveling to customer sites for on-site calibration and testing of visual systems
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer