StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a full time Acquisition Specialist, Journeyman to support a NAVAIR Joint Program Office (JPO). The Acquisition Specialist, Journeyman will Performs acquisition management, technical, or business analysis. Participates as a member of and/or supports the specified Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs); and IPT directed business meetings. Collect, complete, organize and interpret technical data and financial information relating to aircraft acquisition and product programs. Tracks program/project status and schedules. Applies policies and procedures for financial planning.
Essential Job Duties:
- Advising/assisting the IPTs on their planned contracting actions
- Scheduling/facilitating Procurement Planning Conferences (PPCs), Statement of Work (SOW) and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) Reviews and Data Requirement Review Boards (DRRBs)
- Coordinating/reviewing/routing/tracking Procurement Initiation Document (PID) packages
- Drafting Procurement Planning Agreements (PPAs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), Acquisition Strategies (AS), Acquisition Plan (AP) documents, and Sources Sought Notices
- Assisting IPT in conducting and documenting market research for planned contracting actions
- Conducting PID Package Reviews with IPTs/Contracts/Industry
- Coordinating/conducting the weekly Contracts Status meeting with IPTs/Contracts/Industry
- Coordinating and maintaining the PMA-275 Contracts Repository
- PMT data analysis and reporting
- Assisting with coordination/review/tracking/documenting of the PMA Should Cost/Affordability initiatives
- Coordinating/Leading monthly Acquisition
- 3 to 10 years of combined experience listed below:
- Supports the development of program acquisition documentation such as Acquisition Plans (AP), Acquisition Strategy Reports (ASR), Procurement Initiation Document (PID), Statement of Work (SOW), funding documents, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), and Acquisition Program Baseline Agreements (APBA).
- Assess program procedures, practices, philosophies, and documentation for compliance with specifications, contracts, and mission requirements.
- Attends, participates, supports, analyzes, provides input, develops, prepares and reports on briefs, point papers, reports, correspondence, meetings, conferences, and review boards.
- NAVAIR Procurement Management Tool (PMT), including Reporting functionality
- Acquisition Affordability (Should Cost) disciplines
- Comfortable and confident with facilitating/leading meetings
- Working with Spreadsheets in Excel.
- Knowledge of the Defense Acquisition Guide and the NAVAIR Procurement Initiation Document requirements and processes
- Prefer some knowledge of government cost estimating and financial management
- BA/BS Degree
- Allowable Substitution: an AA/AS degree and an additional 2 years’ experience or no degree and an additional 4 years’ experience.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.