StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Full Time Videographer to join our team at Dahlgren VA.
Essential Job Duties:
Essential Job Duties:
- The Videographer will provide support for videotaped events annually in support of the NSWCDD Commander and Technical Director, using Government Furnished Equipment.
- These videos will range from 10-30 minutes in length and must be edited into a professional audiovisual product in accordance with industry audiovisual standards; adhere to Section 508 standards; and be usable in multiple mediums such as: digital signage, website, social media, and other communication products.
- The videographer shall use the Government’s job-tracking entry form and SICM to record all requests, assign tracking numbers, describe job contents, and enter special instructions with metadata for each product produced.
- The Videographer will produce and edit all national broadcast quality level videos as well as DVD quality for the organization to include documentaries, human-interest features, news minutes, commercials, sizzle reels, narratives, short-form social media videos, and other promotional and advanced storytelling content using GFE.
- The Videographer will use edit and graphics systems to include AdobeCreative Cloud Application – Adobe Premiere and After Effects and Photoshop to deliver polished, detail-oriented final edits with cinema-quality audio weaving, creative shot selection, surprise elements, and dynamic sequencing.
- The Videographer shall lead the production process from beginning to end to include conceptualization, pre-planning, storyboarding, scripting, interviewing, and provide creative direction by following industry trends.
- The Videographer shall shoot national broadcast-level video using advanced studio lighting systems, three-point lighting, available light and portable lighting tools such as reflectors and flags.
- The Videographer shall record professional video and audio of interviews, events, commercials, documentaries, trailers, narratives, short-form social media content, sizzle reels, and other promotional videos using shotgun boom mics, wireless lavaliers, and handheld gimbals using creative cinematic techniques, framing, lighting, and sound.
- The Videographer shall deliver sequencing options for the Government editor and in accordance with guidance from the Government producer to deliver industry-standard video that tells a story providing editing support using the Adobe Creative Suite to edit footage and interviews into a broadcast-level video for national release.
- The Videographer shall design and produce national industry-level motion design graphics and illustrations for a variety of video products to include commercials, sizzle reels, social media, films, documentaries, and other promotional and storytelling products.
- The Videographer shall conceptualize and create special effects, 3D renderings, artwork, bumpers, opens and closes and incorporates graphic elements into video with techniques such as tracking, masking, textures, lighting, shading, and compositing.
- The Videographer will use a variety of Adobe Creative Suite software – Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other resources to create animations, transitions, logos, jump backs, lower thirds and other design elements.
- Organizing, writing, storyboarding, shooting, editing, lighting, and producing audio visual projects, pod casts, and slide shows with sound accompaniments
- Knowledge of the equipment, techniques, and processes of photography, lighting techniques, and digital reproduction techniques
- Requires a working knowledge of Nonlinear Editing Systems, Adobe Creative Cloud Production Premium, Microsoft Office Professional, AVS Video Converter, and Snagit10 screen capture software.
- Some domestic travel required
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the essential job duties.
- Enter any/other relevant experience required.
- Bachelors Degree in fine arts, communications, graphic design, or animation
- Allowable Substitution: At least 5 years’ experience in the essential job duties
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer