StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Part Time Program Analyst to provide strategic communications support a Major NAVAIR Program Office.. The Program Analyst will provide Strategic Communications for the Program Office Operations team. Prepares written materials for proactive release externally to attract print, broadcast and social media coverage and internally to educate, inform and motivate the workforce. Materials integrate broad themes from the Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, Commandant of the Marine Corps, Chief of Information, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) and other relevant commands. Captures strategic planning, development and coordination of PMA communications to formulate consistent message of PMA program plans, strategy, both technical and financial, to stakeholders. In addition, the Program Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinates messaging for special events and ceremonies as appropriate.
- Assist in writing, editing, and routing of military and civilian awards IAW The Navy and Marine Corps Awards Manual, SECNAV M-1650.1
- Assist in the development of news releases, fact sheets, talking points and other material to stimulate internal and external interest in command accomplishments and enhance understanding of the command, its workforce, mission, and contribution to the national defense.
- May assist in preparation of speeches and presentations for senior command leaders and advise on delivery. Speeches and presentations may encompass aspects of technical, programmatic, budgetary, policy and ceremonial issues and may be delivered to a broad range of audiences representing defense, Congressional, industry and the general public. Ensures that speeches are closely coordinated with necessary outside organizations.
- Extract pertinent news clips from internal and external sources and disseminate to appropriate personnel using the NAVAIR public release process.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a communication or writing field.
- Command of writing stories, captions and other products in Associated Press style preferred.
- Experience in creating and executing internal or externally-focused mass communications plans desired.
- Skilled in various social networking platforms.
- Exposure to media relations and working in or knowledge of Naval aviation acquisition environment desired.
- Competent in working in Windows, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Adobe computing environment.
- Experience with Integrated Defense Acquisition, Technology and Life Cycle Management Framework is preferred.
- Prior experience supporting NAVAIR Public Affairs Office and distinguished visitor and dignitary protocol is desired.
- BS or BA degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or a related writing intensive field. Allowable Substitution: An AA/AS degree and an additional three (3) years of experience or High School Diploma and five (6) years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD. interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer