StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a full time Subject Matter Expert. This position requires strong knowledge and experience as subject matter experts for program management services in support of the DoD Security Cooperation Programs. Some positions will focus on Security Assistance and others on Equipping. Well-developed interpersonal relationship skills and computer skills are necessary. Successful candidates must meet the minimum experience and education requirements and have demonstrated the necessary skills and subject matter expertise to assist with all or most of the tasks in as listed below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with established policies, regulatory guidance, sanctions, waivers to sanctions and other legislation in the areas of Memoranda of Request (MOR), Letters of Request (LOR), Letters of Offer and Acceptance (LOA), the Security Assistance Management Manual (SAMM), Foreign Assistance Act (FAA), and the Arms Export Control Act (AECA).
- Implementing initiatives of the Agency Strategic Plans, FMS and Security Cooperation Reform.
- Supporting Agency Program Leads in reviewing, editing, and coordinating Congressional Budget Justification (CBJ) and Congressional Notification (CN) documents and, when required, necessary draft legislation for assigned programs.
- Preparing PowerPoint briefings, Excel spreadsheets, and Word documents.
- Input, update and use FMS management programs on both NIPR (unclassified) and SIPR (classified) systems to include the Security Cooperation Management System (SCMS) and the Security Cooperation Information Portal (SCIP).
- Analyze FMS case data and research FMS policy issues and prepare necessary reports.
- Drafting of Country Information Papers (CIP), read ahead documents, information papers, responses to letters, and program status reports.
- Coordinating leases, non-recurring cost waiver packages, and policy issues relative to security cooperation programs for assigned countries.
- Making entries for such documents as the JAVITS Report, the FMS Sales Forecast, and the classified annex to the Congressional Budget Justification (CBJ).
- Providing research and analysis of data to develop draft response packages for Agency Program Leads to fulfill country unique congressional reporting requirements via the appropriate congressional committees.
- Organizing and maintaining data in clear, accurate format for easy access and use.
- Performing regular data reviews and updates to ensure information remains accurate.
- Providing weekly status regarding against tasks to include any deviations from the planned schedule.
- Participating in program reviews in a supporting role, taking/producing minutes and action items.
- Preparing draft letters, meeting minutes and briefing slides for internal and external outreach efforts in forums, working groups, meetings as specified by the Government.
- Preparing a variety of handout types to include recurring reports, standard templates, and input from other stakeholders.
- Providing support for research and analysis to prepare and execute program reviews and assessments.
- Collecting and organizing data sent by email from customers and stakeholders, or arriving by other means.
- Communicating with agency personnel and stakeholders to answer telephonic or electronic inquiries, collect information updates and schedule activities as needed.
- Gathering and tracking Foreign Military Financing (FMF) requirements, allocations, approved items, and obligations by country; tracking BPC FMS cases and programs that support assigned program authorities and annual reporting requirements; assisting with partner country and programs that involve training and education, as well as defense goods and services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience related to a solid understanding of Foreign Military Sales and its related fields of logistics, financial management, military educations and training, transportation, and current security cooperation database management tools, are prerequisites of the position. Restrictions in the various legal authorities governing the execution of these cases requires intensive management over and above that typically required of typical FMS country programs.
- The positions require personnel with strong computer, analytical skills, and the ability to research and communicate effectively in writing. The positions call for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management staff, DoD counterparts, as well as foreign clients and industry representatives.
- Required technical skills include demonstrated knowledge and prior experience in Security Assistance policy and procedure, related legislation, and the ability to assist in the management of complex operations involving compliance with policy issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required including proficiency in Excel to perform data evaluation, formulas, analytics and spreadsheets. Must be able to transfer presentation graphics from Excel into PowerPoint or Word.
- BA/BS Degree is desired.
- Additional experience in related security cooperation areas and programs is desired, e.g., experience with BPC programs/military requirements development, Counter Terrorism, and Global Train and Equip funding through the FMS process.
- Experience in program management, project lead, and/or process improvements is a plus.
- Increased computer skills are desired, e.g. SharePoint, Access database, graphical arts, and media presentation.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer