StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Senior Engineer, Systems Software, to join our team at NAWCTSD ,Orlando. The Senior Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Duties:
- Design, develop, implement, and document Modeling and Simulation (M&S) systems, software, research efforts, and related processes including system interoperability.
- Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Develop software using high order languages that is efficient, readable, and well documented.
- Prepare reports describing status of software under development.
- Monitor the progress of training system contractors during computer systems, software and/or equipment development and procurement.
- Test and install the procured item(s) upon receipt for compliance with procurement and design requirements.
- Solve problems that arise during the development or modification of simulation related real-time computational systems.
- Analyze requirements and prepare a software design approach for proposed training system(s). Provide alternative design approaches with tradeoff analyses and risk assessments.
- Develop cost and lead-time estimates for the software to be developed.
- May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- May support database development working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Develop quantitative criteria and recommend tradeoffs regarding inputs received from supporting personnel concerning training system change(s).
- Develop engineering Specifications and other documents IA W NA WCTSD Orlando's policies and procedures on Technical Procurement Package Preparation and Processing.
- Participate in appropriate IPT meetings, working groups, design/progress reviews, audits (e.g. Post Award Conferences, Requirements Review, Design Reviews, Configuration and Test Readiness Review).
- Review and evaluate all acquisition documents, including the Statement of Work (SOW), specifications, engineering contract data requirements lists (CDRL) and other package documents,
- Participation in all System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events including Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews (PDR/CDR), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Test and acceptance including review of test procedures (TP)
- Potential travel up to 15%
- Candidate must have approximately 10 or more years of experience with hardware and software design and integration. for modeling and simulation.
- Experience with a DoD program(s) that support training and training systems acquisition.
- Government acquisition experience.
- Requires a broad knowledge of software engineering functions including:
- Requirements development
- Configuration management
- Quality assurance
- Testing, reliability and maintainability
- Cost estimating
- Risk analysis
- Metrics, and human factor integration.
- Experience with software development conducted IAW IEEE-12207.
- Must possess basic but broad knowledge of current and developing military equipment and systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, DOD/DON/ NAVAIR policies, directives, and instructions and must know the application of these documents to assignments.
- Must have broad and detailed working knowledge of software and technical Military and Commercial Standards (e.g. MIL-STD, DOD-STD, IEEE, ISO, and ANS
- Experience with US Navy surface ship navigation systems, related equipment, procedures, and training techniques/procedures (preferably for DDGs/LCSs/LHDs/LPDs) is desired.
- Experience with entity, oceanic terrain, and hydrodynamic modeling and image generator display is desired.
- B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, visual engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer