StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a full-time Systems Engineer, Journeyman, Test and Evaluation (T&E), to join our team in developing state of the art aviation training systems in Orlando, FL. The Systems Engineer, T&E will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
- Test and evaluation of mission systems, weapons, avionics, and training systems as required.
- Testing is for Naval and Joint platforms and systems throughout the acquisition lifecycle.
- Providing input to the Lead Test Engineer for program planning, resource coordination, and interface with other government and contractor T&E agencies
- Perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, acceptance testing, developmental testing or capabilities-based testing.
- Tests and/or evaluates software related to engineering or functional requirements of aircraft flight control systems, system integration, configuration management, weapon systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
- Assignments may involve test and evaluation of hardware and/or software related to engineering or functional requirements of training systems.
- Support for Integrated Test Teams (ITTs) for technical determination of system performance and operational suitability for fleet implementation.
- Identify and support the appropriate types and depth of testing required for the planning phase of comprehensive weapon systems projects. Include cost estimates, scheduling, test plans, and reports as required.
- The Engineer Journeyman typically performs all functional duties independently.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: training systems, aircraft system/subsystem development test and evaluation, or aircraft flight controls.
- Technical knowledge of Fixed wing aircraft.
- Technical knowledge of Fixed wing training devices.
- Experience writing technical requirements in a performance Specification.
- Experience writing contractor requirements in a Statement of Work (SOW).
- Experience writing Contract Data Requirements Lists associated with the SOW.
- Experience writing technical requirements for contract attachments that are included in a request for proposal.
- Experience in the Systems Engineering Technical Reviews.
- B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, visual engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Active Secret clearance required
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.