StraCon Services Group is seeking a Full-Time Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the overall AP operations and will report directly to the Controller. The Accounts Payable Specialist will also assist in the preparation of various financial reports providing accurate and detailed information to be used in executive meetings and resource allocation planning. In addition, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, and documenting loans.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the Controller.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in month end close to ensure proper accounting at the functional and departmental level.
- Ensures appropriate integrity and accuracy of accounting data as well as compliance with company financial policies and procedures while applying an understanding of GAAP.
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Responsible for managing the Purchase Order process to include negotiating with vendors.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continued improvement in AP processes.
- Ad hoc reporting, special projects and other functions as required by the Controller.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with Advanced skills in Excel
- In-depth knowledge and Application of GAAP
- Knowledge in Corporate Finance and Accounting
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Month-end preparation experience
- Government contracting experience with DCAA/DCMA is a plus
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS is a plus
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Allowable Substitution: an AA/AS degree and an additional 4 years’ experience or no degree and an additional 8 years’ experience.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- U.S. Citizenship required.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.