StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a full time Communications Assistant. The Communication Assistant will play an integral role conceptualizing and developing compelling material – to help our clients tell impactful and cohesive stories. The candidate will work directly on an exciting new opportunity with a Department of Defense (DoD) agency in Dahlgren, VA. As a critical member of the creative team, the manager will work in a highly visible, fast-paced, time-sensitive environment to engage with a wide variety of DoD issues and create compelling messages and stories in the form of press releases, articles, feature stories, and news releases. The successful candidate is creative, fast on their feet, and self-driven. Candidates should also have an active SECRET security clearance or obtain an interim clearance prior to starting, and previous experience working with the federal government.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the the management, day-to-day activities and deliverables with the communications team
- Ensure clear communications and cohesion among project team and constantly identify areas for collaboration
- Write, edit, proofread, and copyedit a variety of documents, press releases, features, magazines, social media content, articles, and other journalistic articles
- Provide communications engagement support for events to include the development of messages to align with client initiatives
- Support the development of a Strategic Communications Plan to include research, data collection, metrics, and in-depth knowledge of communications strategy and execution
- Assist with the occasional creation of basic graphics and videos
- Support the development of content for a network of government video screens and central digital signage
- Schedule and track digital signage content using consistent messages from other communications materials
- Proven ability to support communication programs and products, media relations programs, community relations, special events, and photography support
- Experience in research, conducting interviews, writing, editing, and obtaining release/approval for articles, feature stories, news releases, and statements, including electronic, web based and hard copy material.
- Proficient in writing, formatting, editing, and maintaining a range of print and digital media
- Knowledge of Section 508 compliance standards and how to create products that adhere to these standards
- Knowledge of NERDS (digital signage network) a plus
- Exceptional writer and copy editor
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing and two (2) years of related experience OR 6 years of related experience in the field of public relations, public affairs, or journalism
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer