StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Computer Programmer II. The Computer Programmer will design, develop, implement, and document Modeling and Simulation (M&S) systems, software, research efforts, and related processes including system interoperability. The candidate must have the ability to identify research requirements and methods to improve current systems and processes.
The Computer Programmer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop software using high order languages that is efficient, readable, and well documented.
- Prepare reports describing status of software under development.
- Monitor the progress of training system Contractors during computer systems, software and/or equipment development and procurement. Test and install the procured item(s) upon receipt for compliance with procurement and design requirements.
- Solve problems that arise during the development or modification of simulation related real-time computational systems.
- Analyze requirements and prepare a software design approach for proposed training system(s). Provide alternative design approaches with trade-off analyses and risk assessments.
- Develop cost and lead-time estimates for the software to be developed.
- Prepare budgets and plans for purchase and maintenance of software to be developed.
- Conduct analyses to ensure that software designs are cost effective and satisfy requirements.
- Develop engineering specifications detailing design, expected performance, testing, and provisions for software acceptance.
- Review training system Contractor's design approach, criteria, and design reports.
- Review software design and conduct code reviews.
- Monitor and adhere to the software configuration management practices.
- Identify problems encountered in software development and provide recommendations that resolve these problems.
- Develop test plans and when needed, provide support while performing examinations and acceptance tests.
- Actively maintain and enhance job related knowledge and skills in M&S, software development techniques, state-of-the-art computer architectures, emerging technologies, and other software development areas.
- Apply decision analysis techniques to ensure that the engineering approach is cost effective and satisfies the training objectives.
- Monitor and assess software development status and provide support in resolving related programmatic issues
- A minimum of 3 years of practical experience in the software development associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domain.
- Experience in authoring programming languages that include Assembly, C, C++, Microsoft .Net (C#, VB), and Java. Operating Systems will include Microsoft Windows, as well as various UNIX flavors, such as Linux.
- Experienced in using software development and diagnostic tools on the supported NAWCTSD program.
- Formal training in M&S techniques desired but not required.
- Knowledge in a wide range of non‑engineering, non‑scientific information in the form of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, DOD/DON/NAVAIR policies, directives, and instructions and knowledge in the application of these documents to assignments.
- Knowledge of and experience in software engineering principles and development, especially in complex systems design. Experience and education directly related to scientific programming applications, including math model development, is necessary to support the research of emerging technologies.
- BS Degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
*StraCon “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and StraCon is established; namely, award of contract to the StraCon Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).