StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Systems Engineer, Senior to join our team at NAWCTSD in Orlando FL. The Senior Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing in support of Navy training devices.
- May conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to training device design and manufacture.
- May recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.Develop engineering Specifications and other documents IA W NA WCTSD Orlando's policies and procedures on Technical Procurement Package Preparation and Processing.
- Participate in appropriate IPT meetings, working groups, design/progress reviews, audits (e.g. Post Award Conferences, Requirements Review, Design Reviews, Configuration and Test Readiness Review).
- Review and evaluate all acquisition documents, including the Statement of Work (SOW), specifications, engineering contract data requirements lists (CDRL) and other package documents,
- Participation in all System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events including Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews (PDR/CDR), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Candidate must have approximately 10 or more years of experience with hardware and software design and integration. for modeling and simulation.
- Experience with a DoD program(s) that support training and training systems acquisition.
- Government acquisition experience.
- Must possess basic but broad knowledge of current and developing military equipment and systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, DOD/DON/ NAVAIR policies, directives, and instructions and must know the application of these documents to assignments.
- Experience with US Navy Training Systems.
- B.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, visual engineering, aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer