StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a
Financial Analyst, Journeyman. The Financial Analyst, Journeyman will perform critical program management, technical, or business analysis of a NAVAIR Joint Program Office and provide recommendations to ensure program success. Work will be performed at NAS Patuxent River, Maryland. The job duties include but are not limited to the following :
Essential Job Duties:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for performs analytical and evaluative work requiring a comprehensive knowledge of: (1) theory and principles; (2) financial and management organization, operations, and practices; (3) pertinent statutory or regulatory provisions; and (4) related basic economic, accounting, and legal principles. Assist with development of appropriate acquisition documentation regarding financial interest items. In addition, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following requirements:
- Collecting, compiling, organizing and interpreting management and financial information to assist BFM with recommendations for funding realignments/adjustments in response to changes in programs and/or funds availability.
- Create spend plan identification numbers (SPIDS), enter, modify, and manage all financial data and reconcile ledgers in the Common Spend Plan Tool (CSPT).
- Create and modify Work Breakdown Structures, amend obligation plan phasing dates and amounts, and reconcile all erroneous documents as indicated by CSPT.
- Develop automated drill, tracking tools, pivots, and power pivot data models in Microsoft Excel to eliminate duplication and achieve efficiency.
- Create, execute, and/or amend Purchase Requisitions (PR) including Work Requests (WX), Project Orders (PX), Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPR), and Procurement Initiation Documents (PID).
- Reporting of the funding obligations and expenditures.
- Responsible for preparing weekly, monthly, and quarterly program, contractual and financial status reports.
- Participate as a member of and/or supports Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Executing and tracking of funding documents via the Naval Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) tool. Assisting in the maintenance of case spend plans.
- Utilize the NERP system to reconcile commitments, obligations, and expenditures against CSPT financial data and create and maintain financial review and unexecuted requirement summary charts for all teams.
- Assisting with development of appropriate acquisition documentation regarding financial interest items.
- Providing support with a variety of management activities, corporate initiatives, special projects, and data calls which could have significant impact on the organization and its business operations.
- Assists Integrated Product Teams and program/project personnel with financial tracking, spend plans, budget formulation, budget execution, financial data calls and overall financial support.
- Experience providing NAVAIR aircraft platform financial support.
- Proficient with using Navy ERP
- Experience with the CSPT and PMT
- Working with Spreadsheets in Excel
- Prefer some knowledge of government cost estimating and financial management
- BS or BA degree in a business, management, or an engineering management discipline. Allowable substitution: an AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience; or an additional six (6) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer