StraCon Services Group, LLC is seeking a Part-time, Research Psychologist, Journeyman to conduct research on human cognition and performance as a means to modernize the delivery of education and training.
Essential Job Duties:
- This includes the planning, development, and execution of systematic research in the areas of human performance, cognition, human factors, training, and education.
- Develops research reports of findings for professional distribution (e.g., professional journal or conference publication).
- Strategizing with a team of researchers, engineers, and other IPT members.
- Collects and analyzes human performance and cognition data.
- Collects and analyzes training and education data for the purposes of infrastructure optimization.
- Requires knowledge of experimental design, research methods, and advanced data analyses.
- Ability to communicate verbally with clarity and correct grammar and mechanics.
- Requires the ability to effectively write technical manuscripts.
- Write, review, and revise manuscripts
- Synthesize documents from multiple sources to make evaluations and recommendations for project needs.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders and determining user needs, which may result in use cases, requirements, etc.
- Candidate must have approximately 3 or more years of experience with human cognition and performance studies. Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the application of psychological principles and theories for the improvement of training, education, and human
- Excellent writing and editing skills demonstrated in published articles, technical reports, and/or journals that are reported to professional organizations on projects that have been valuable contributions to psychological, human performance, and training technologies.
- Experience preparing technical briefing PowerPoint slides.
- Must have the skills to develop technically sound plans and solutions to research problems and to present analyses and recommendations in a clear and convincing manner both orally and in writing.
- Must have a general knowledge of naval training and warfare systems, the range of man-equipment functions required and associated training requirements, and also, possess the skill to posit the research questions which stem from the operational and training situations.
- Experience leveraging software to pre-parse data sets or integration large disparate datasets from multiple software sources.
- Experience with physiological data collection, systems such as Tobii eye tracking and BIOPAC physiological monitoring.
- Coding skills to support custom data collection needs and tasking (e.g., PsychoPy, iMotions, MatLab, R, Java, Python).
- Possess knowledge or at least familiarity of training systems, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, and DOD/DON/NAVAIR policies, directives, and instructions; must possess knowledge in the application of these documents to assignments.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Psychology.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
StraCon is dedicated to supporting our government clients and warfighters by “Enhancing their Operational Capability”. With a proven track record, and an employee focused philosophy, we have developed a culture that believes in the talent of the individual. StraCon employees are empowered to “Make It Happen”. Since 2008, we have provided Program Management, Training Systems Products, Financial Management, Instructional System Design, Data Management, Courseware Development, Engineering, Logistics, Foreign Military Sales Support, and a variety other technical services for the Department of Defense.
StraCon is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer